Monday, December 27, 2010

@Myke_Kewl 6' 7" Freestyle





Growing up with hoop dreams, Michael Wilson was one of millions of kids who fantasized about making it to the NBA. At an early age, Wilson noticed that hoops dreams can be deflated not due to lack of skill but environmental traps, society and cultural obstacles. Wanting to be a voice to the mayhem, things changed when he was accepted to Lincoln University of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He found himself there, not on the court, but in the studio.

“Myke Kewl ” was born.

Having to move from home to home within the Philadelphia area, Wilson witnessed the diverse attitudes of the streets and used these attitudes to mold into something bigger and better; “Myke Kewl” the Hip-Hop artist.

"I wanted to inform but creatively not so people would automatically present me as a Nas or Common. More moderate and current sound is what took time to find, I knew what I wanted to say but I was working for years how I wanted to say it...Myke Kewl is something that is natural...People always told me I was too cool or this or that and I didn't know if they were being sarcastic or genuine and I honestly didn't care anymore. I came to the conclusion that cool can be whatever you want it to be. It's your choice, It's just an opinion."

This became his new identity. Even though Myke Kewl began recording his rhymes on his uncle's karaoke machine at the tender age of seven, it was at the age of 21 when he finally discovered the message that he wanted to deliver. With inspirations such as Lupe Fiasco, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, The Fray and a bunch of others, there is no horizon that Myke Kewl is not afraid to reach.

"I have too many inspirations and places where my music is influenced by life, school, my neighborhood, people I encounter, girls, dream crushers, doubters everything...Like I seriously want to educate but at the same time understand I am a human, not a saint...I want to have fun, I like to have fun. I laugh. I play...ok I laugh. I play a lot, but also being creative with the approach, originality is a big thing with me. I try to stay away from anecdotes and other formulas because I feel I am as unique as they come"

With his mixtape titled "The Berf of Kewl" soon to be released, we will experience those same horizons as well...only now from Myke Kewl's point of view.

"This mixtape is only the beginning...(he laughs) I just hope the world appreciates it."

SCREAM @ ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment