Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Truth With Elliott Wilson: Does Trinidad James Deserve Our Attention? [Video]


Trinidad James. You're killing me bro...

I'm going to have to go ahead and say "NEGATIVE." Why? Here's why...


For me, his image is taking away from his talent. If there's any there. And I need more than one track to hook me.

But honestly, I'm not too qualified to weigh in. I haven't listened to his mixtape, Don't Be S.A.F.E. yet, it has been on my TO-DO list for way too long...but I have been following his performance trail, interviews and buzz (streets, twitter, Facebook)...and who can really escape "All Gold Everything?" I mean, really? The shit is catchy as all hell, and easy to follow. We - microwave generation - seem to be taking a particular liking to that formula.

In the meantime, I'll let you all judge and I'll fall back and await the followup. If the rumors are true, it'll be a cold knock out. But time tells all... We shall see.



Word to my man Reem, who put me one the "All Gold Everything" video before it had too many views to count.

Previous Episodes:

The Truth #1 Are Vet MCs Trying Too Hard?

The Truth #2 Are Public Feuds Hurting Hip-Hop?

The Truth #3 Believe The Kendrick Lamar Hype?

The Truth #4 What Makes A Classic Rap Album?

The Truth #5 Has Hip-Hop Abandoned President Obama?

The Truth #6 What's The Best Obama Tribute Song?

The Truth #7 Has Ludacris Lost His Way?

The Truth #8 Was The Rihanna 777 Tour A Success?

The Truth #9 Should Lil Wayne Retire?

The Truth #10 Is Nicki Minaj's Appeal Fading?

The Truth #11 Will Tyga's Past Hurt His Future?

The Truth #12 Who Should Win Best Rap Album Grammy?

SCREAM @ ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment