Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The System


So this is how it works where I'm from: You and a group of "like-minded" individuals come together to form a clothing line, mysterious social political cause, or even the infamous "record label;" all of these, destined to essentially become party promoting conglomerates. You get on Twitter and Facebook...some even still do the Myspace thing...and announce this new venture to THE, wait, I mean YOUR world. A few people will notice, fewer will actually care. You don't initially spark the level of interest you were hoping for, but that's ok at first...because you're going to kill them later with your innovative event planning skills and charismatic marketing approach. Not to mention, you "know" a lot of people...

You and your group will conduct brainstorming sessions and social gatherings to throw ideas around, some of them will entice you enough to see to it that it does indeed go through...some will never see the light of day, that is until "the competition" drafts and effectively executes a similar idea. And when that happens, you will scurry back to the drawing board to make that once ignored idea, a reality...for "first" or "better" bragging rights and nothing else. LoL.

Granted this may sound like a rant, it's the honest to GOD truth. I'm from Southwest Philadelphia, and in my city, this is how the social cookie crumbles. It may sound like the move, or exciting at first glance...(and I despise cliches) but Read. Between. The. Lines. It ain't the wave you might be thinking it is...

The "system," I explained, can cause major problems. And 9/10...it DOES. There will be cliques formed, false claims of exclusivity, lack of creativity, and regional deprivation at best! You'll have these young, inexperienced nobodies, thinking they're really somebodies...uh, planning events (I guess...that's the term they use), who encounter difficulties planning a trip to the bathroom, let alone an event in a venue designed to hold 20 people and set out to sell 6000 tickets. No bullshit though.

The extremely sad segment to this overall picture is, when I note the word "young," I'm not referring to age per se. Nah, because age doesn't mean much these days...I'm pretty much speaking in terms of maturity level, thought process, and experience. These are the lacking areas. These are the areas that all but guarantee success...in any endeavor. And to lack those, and think you be killin em? That's when I get scared. No, better yet, I'm terrified. We're leaving idiots in charge of our future. Literally, fukcing entrepreneurship up. What's even worse? The ol'heads that have accomplished their share, are co-signing, like what's going on out here is right. Yeah, I'm scared.

Don't get this post wrong. I respect all honest hustles. What I don't respect though is...this whack ass pursuit of "shutting the city down." You are all hurting. Not me. I don't go to these events much, for this very reason. Not your "following." But more or less, yourselves. This nut ass system only works in practice, but I guess that's the extent of your capability. Practice.

Keep up the good work!

SCREAM @ ME!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not have said it better!!! But ummm.. I have this new t-shirt company... Its me and my TEAM and we have an event every thursday.. you should come through!! Get down or lay down! The city's ours!! HA!!

Unknown said...

LOL! Too funny...I'll be there!

Can I pay at the door, or do I have to buy ticket #21 of 20 available seats?

SCREAM @ ME!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Very well put.....but you know this classifies you as a "HATER" and since their team are all "GANGSTA" and ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS they will blast you on FB/TWITTER/MYSPACE and let everyone know when they see you that it's going to a PROBLEM because they got more GUNS than you! lmao! Gotta luv the mourons!

Unknown said...

I know. I am a HATER...and at this very moment, I'm ignoring Twitter threats. LMAO!!! But you nailed it, #MOURONS.

SCREAM @ ME!!!

Anonymous said...

say hello to the bad guy

Anonymous said...

Way to go with this write up JP. I think you gave them something to talk about...

You also just black listed yourself from your favorite local celeb's party...

S@M

Post a Comment