Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Review (20 hours in)



After having some true time with this game I have to say I enjoy this game. From the variation in characters to the uniqueness of some of the moves, this game has satisfied my general desires for a Marvel vs Capcom game. With that being said I must first discuss my general displeasure with Capcom using their current business model of DLC to fleece us with Characters, Character Skins, and whatever else they decide to give us. I can understand paying for new characters, but $5 dollars a character is outrageous. This will severely segment the market and even the fan base. How would you feel if after you paid $60 for a game, you have to go around and pay $10 here or there just to get the full experience of the game. As it looks now kiddies, you will end up paying over $100 for the full game experience.




With price aside this is a decent fighter. The action is fast, furious, and outright crazy. Everything you would expect from this title. My only gripe with the game is that I feel it has been made to simple for everyone to play outside of those who actually want to dedicate their life to the game. We have seen controls go from the 6 button madness in MvC1 to now a dumbed down 4 button layout that is for everyone. Not including the Simple mode the game has. SMH@Capcom for this. I can understand the move, but it really takes away from the pure street fighter feel that makes tournament play more interesting. Now we will just see people spam certain moves, characters, and assists.



At the end of the day I appreciate this game being a part of my collection as it will allow lots of friends to come over and enjoy the game, but when serious gameplay goes down we will switch to Super Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6.

On the Old Head Gaming Scale I have to give this an 8 out of 10.

My personal suggestion for everyone is that if you want the game and don't already have it, wait for a price drop. Your missing something, but life will go on and you can polish up your combos for the EVO tournaments starting soon.

Good Gaming Everyone


Special thanks to Gamespot for images

No comments:

Post a Comment