Monday, October 17, 2011

Russell Simmons Co-Signs Gotti For Def Jam President


“I like Irv,” Simmons mentioned. “I’d co-sign him. I like a lot of people lobbying. I like Irv, I like [DJ] Khaled. I’d co-sign Chris Lighty. These three people, I’d co-sign any of them in a second.”

Gotti hasn’t been shy about throwing his name in the mix for the job, persistently mentioning that he would be the right man for the gig over the last few months.

In addition to partnering with the label for his own effort in Murder Inc., the record exec (also from Queens -- like Russell) brought several of Def Jam’s marquee artists to the label, including Jay-Z, DMX and Ja Rule. Most recently, he has been working heavy with Camron and The Diplomats.

Look for MY reaction SOON!

SCREAM @ ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment