Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lauryn Hill Refuses to Pay Taxes



Acclaimed multi-Grammy winner, Lauryn Hill released a statement detailing why she left the music industry at the height of her career. I admitted I read about 30% of the entire message before I chose to do something a little bit more entertaining…sleep. She also claimed she refused to pay her taxes because she felt it still tied her to a society she did not want to be a part of. Um…Isn’t that against the law? Her reasoning for why she is against paying her taxes holds no merit. I understand the music industry can be rough and insert in any other negative adjective you can think of but breaking the law to maintain your supposed sanity is not cool or legal. The IRS is filing a suit against Ms. Hill for the back taxes and my assumption is she’ll have to pay. Ms. Hill we all want you to come back to make some good music and to make some sense. Fingers crossed!
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment