Friday, July 15, 2011

A "Red Bottom" Walk Of Life: Introducing Ameenah Ali (@_iMeena)

Born Jan 18 1992 in West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the youngest child of 6, Ameenah Ali is ready...with her debut "Red Bottoms" featuring Lou Williams.


"The first time my mother caught me singing I was ONE! She said I was in the car seat and we were on our way to whatever destination, and Whitney Houston's classic "I Will Always Love You" came on the radio, and out of the blue, I decided to come in on the highest note n the song!"

"I think the instance she knew, for sure, I was going to be a singer was when I was asleep in the bed with her, and apparently I literally jumped out of the bed and started singing "Tomorrow" from the movie Annie."

At the tender age of 5, making the clear decision to foster her talent, Ameenah's mother enrolled her in dance school at L&L Dance, Co. By the age of 12, Ameenah made the decision to leave dance school... "I don't know why. I just got caught up in other things. I was turning into a real problem child!" Meenah admits. "I always in fights, I was not doing well academically, and basically just going through my act." That didn't last long; It was by her Junior year of high school, Ameenah requested a transfer. Not to just any school, but a school where she could isolate herself and could focus and graduate much earlier then I was supposed to. "That's exactly what I did. I graduated and went on to Community College of Philadelphia."

Miss Ali cites her favorite singers as Michael and Janet Jackson, Aaliyah, Beyonce, Teena Marie, and Britney Spears. Claiming they all possess characteristics within their music and personalities she would like to mirror as a recording artist in 2011. "I want to be a great performer. I think MJ and Beyonce they are my biggest influences! They're both phenomenal performers. I want swag like Aaliyah and to be choreographed like Janet. And I want to be fun, cool, and sexy like Brittney Spears."

When asked how she got involved, and committed to her recording career...
"I always played around with singing but I never thought the day would come when I'd face my fears and take it seriously. I remember vividly, one day my cousin took me down to Studio 609 [studio of Grammy Award Winning Producers and Philadelphia natives Dre & Vidal] and I sang for Dre. He was so nice, and told me I was amazingly gorgeous. After I sang for him though, his advice to me was once I lost my 'shy shell,' I would uncover my superstar potential."

"I then met Clarence Williams, who is now my manager, and he introduced me to Carvin Hagins (Grammy Award winning song writer, responsible for 'Love' by Musiq Soulchild). I was so nervous, I felt I choked." Hagins referred Ameenah to a vocal instructor and since, she has noticed progression in her vocal ability and her stage confidence.

The rest is pretty much history. Team SCREAMATME.com presents to you...

"Red Bottoms." Ameenah Ali's debut single, featuring Lou Williams of the Philadelphia 76ers. Produced by Manny With The Beats, and written by Kevin Dukes (@americanKGD).








Red Bottoms - Ameenah Ali



SCREAM @ ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment