Friday, October 28, 2011

Allen Iverson Is Focused.


Former NBA Most Valuable Player Allen Iverson says he’ll play for ANY TEAM as long as it means getting him back under that Jerry West logo. This, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Iverson, 36, played overseas last season with Besiktas of the Turkish Basketball League, following an off season filled with turmoil and distress. The 10-time All-Star, however, says that with family issues that left him distracted over the past two seasons now behind him, he’s ready to focus on returning to the NBA.

“That wasn’t me at all,” Iverson told Yahoo!. “Obviously, I was dealing with the situation with my daughter and going through a divorce, and I wasn’t there mentally. In my career those last couple years were so hard for me because I wasn’t there. Mentally, I wasn’t there.”

The Answer is set to host a two-day professional basketball tournament in Las Vegas, NV. The “Las Vegas Superstar Challenge” is scheduled to take place at the Thomas and Mack Center November 12-13. I have a feeling Al will be giving his everything out there in attempt to prove he can still run with the best of the best.

At the height of his career, the < 6 foot Iverson was one of the best scorers in league history. Between 1999 and 2005 he led the league in scoring five times, averaging over 30 points scored per game four times.

SCREAM @ ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment