Friday, October 22, 2010

November 2010 GQ Cover


I'm a subscriber...I think you should subscribe too, if you don't already. But this "racy" November 2010 GQ cover, featuring select GLEE cast members, Lea Michele, Dianna Agron, and Cory Monteith, is stirring up quite a bit of controversy. Apparently the Parent's Television Council spoke against the cover, claiming it promotes borderline "pedophilia!"

Their argument is GQ is primarily a men's magazine (GQ = Gentleman's Quarterly), and their photo shoot "sexualizes" (is that a word?) these actresses that portray high school-aged characters...hence promoting elevated sexual feelings and views toward the girls.

Now I watch GLEE (don't judge me - WITH my mom and my girlfriend!), I don't think the show, cast, writers, or the magazine deserve this negative attention. Straight out of the gate, GLEE and GQ both are notorious for making BOLD, controversial statements via their respective avenues.

How about the Parent's Television Council should evaluate ABC Family's prime time line-up. I'm not comfortable with my 13-year old sister watching that nonsense.

Who sits on this "council," anyway??? My advice, get a real job. No, mine isn't hiring, but I know of this McDonald's...

What do you all think about the cover?

SCREAM @ ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment